Give Back Events are IN
With the holidays peering around the corner, give back events are prepping for center stage. While always appropriate for an engaging and impactful team building experience, give back or “CSR” (corporate social responsibility) events are especially meaningful during the holiday season.
People love to gather, network and celebrate the festivities surrounding Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa. And they love feeling generous and making a difference. So it’s the perfect time to offer opportunities for your team to connect to one another and benefit others with give back events.
Why it matters more than you think
We’ve written previously about how valuable integrating CSR into your meetings is and why giving back matters. So, as you plan your holiday events and gatherings, consider how you might maximize the benefits of your spend. Including a CSR element into team building increases engagement and employee satisfaction, so why not include a give back team building into your holiday luncheon or party?
Even corporate groups who might otherwise forego a holiday party due to optics or budget can somehow justify the joy and fun of a give back event that delivers a benefit to the community and potentially some good press as well. Sometimes the fact that participants are engaged, motivated and connected becomes the bonus versus the objective.
Here are a few ideas to get your creative juices going:
- Creating holiday decorations for those transitioning out of homelessness
- Assembling toys for the children of families in prison or in shelters (bears, bikes, wagons & more)
- Constructing parade floats out of canned goods for donation
- Putting together holiday meal boxes for financially disadvantaged
- Writing notes and letters for military stationed overseas and away from family
- Building affordable wheelchairs for those who can’t afford them
- Making care packages for elderly, veterans, homeless or others celebrating alone
Give us a call to get planning for the holidays today!